Wednesday 5 February 2014

The Special Way

Me: Want to go the Special Way to school today?

Rowan: Yes.

Rowan: It's not really the Special Way anymore.

Me: Why not?

Rowan: Well, it's just a big open space. There's nothing growing there now.

Me: That's what's special to me. The big field of snow. Someday, they may build houses there.

Rowan: It's special to me because no one has stepped there.

Me: I like the farm house and that we can see all the way past the hills.

Rowan: Why does the farmer need to grow food?

Me: Why do you think?

Rowan: I don't know!!! Just tell me.

Me: What might the farmer need?

Rowan: To eat. He grows food to eat.

Me: Why else would he grow food?

Rowan: To survive.

Me: Why do you need him to grow food?

Rowan: For me to eat. (pause) And survive.

Me: Yes.

Rowan: Why do they want to build houses there?

Me: Good question. People need places to live.

Rowan: But then, what will they eat?

Me: Yes, exactly.

Rowan: I think that's mean to nature.

6 comments:

  1. Writer's Note: I am shifting my blog commitment to 2 posts a week completed by Sunday at 10pm for 7 more weeks. And I'd like one person to be accountable to. Any takers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll do my best Mike! I'm trying to release a new article / post every monday. So far so good for the past two weeks.

      Delete
  2. Sounds great Garth, you're my accountability. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finn: Waaaaa.
    Me: Need burping?
    Finn: Waaaaa.
    Me: How about a change of scenery?
    Finn. Waaaaa.
    Me: Singing.
    Finn: Waaaaa.
    Me: Diaper's a bit smelly, let's clean you up.
    Finn: Double Waaaa.
    Me: My bicep is about to fall off.
    Finn: Waaaaa.
    Me: Ok. Boob time. "Tarrah?"
    Finn: ... ... ... ...
    Me: waaaa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tundra, you're the best parent ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey mike!

    i nominated you for a liebster award. i linked your blog to mine. you can check it out. and play only if you want to. no pressure. but it is fun to seek out so many blogs.
    super summer love to you.
    www.beinglovely.net

    ReplyDelete